For keeping your toilet fresh and germ-free at home try this simple homemade toilet cleaner tablet recipe. Why spend on store bought toilet cleaners that are expensive, full of harsh chemicals when you can make one at home with simple ingredients in no time.
Personalize your toilet cleaner tablets for more satisfactory results
This simple do-it-yourself homemade toilet cleaner will make you feel in control of your otherwise boring task of toilet cleaning. This homemade product can be personalized to your favorite scent and your toilet will be a fresh smelling spot at home.
What ingredients are necessary for the homemade toilet cleaner tablet recipe
It is made with only five ingredients– Baking soda, Lemon juice, Vinegar, Hydrogen peroxide and fragrant oil. All the ingredients required are not really expensive and easily available.
Why it works
Baking soda has a natural cleaning ability, is a super-effective abrasive and eliminates bad odors.
It is a great disinfectant. It also acts as a deodorizer and cuts grease.
The lemon juice is helpful in removing stains and is known for its fresh smell. It surely adds elegance to your cleaner.
Hydrogen peroxide is a great disinfectant and kills bacteria, mold, and salmonella.
To improve the aroma of the DIY toilet cleaner.
Use the ingredients in following proportions to make a perfect Homemade Toilet Cleaner:
- 160 g Baking soda
- 60 ml Lemon juice
- 1/2 Tbsp. Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. Hydrogen Peroxide
- A few drops of your favorite essential oil
- Add baking soda to a mixing bowl and break up clusters if any.
- Add lemon juice in it, stir and mix both well.
- Take another bowl and mix Hydrogen Peroxide and vinegar and put this solution into the bowl of baking soda and lemon juice but slowly.
- As if it is added all at once, you will have a huge mess as the baking soda reacts with vinegar.
- Add a few drops of the fragrant oil you like– lemongrass, wintergreen, lavender or any other one, having a lingering scent and mix it well into the existing mixture.
- Use the 1/2 teaspoon measurement spoon to mold the mixture into small half rounds. Tap the half rounds on a parchment paper and allow the drying to happen for at least four hours. Do not hesitate to leave them overnight for drying.
Storing the tablets
Once the tablets are completely dried, fill them in an air-tight glass jar and place it near the toilet. These tablets can be used for months if stored correctly.
How to use the homemade toilet cleaner tablets
When you notice your toilet to be unclean and smelly just drop a tablet in the bowl. You can repeat this 3 – 4 times a week. For getting the best results allow the tablet to completely dissolve before flushing the toilet. Leaving the tablet overnight can be a good idea.